Frequently Asked Questions
Overview & Reader Benefits
What’s the difference between free Business Insider and Business Insider Prime?
There are two ways you can access content on Business Insider:
- Standard: Readers who have ad blockers turned off but are not logged into Business Insider Prime can access Business Insider's free content.
- Business Insider Prime: Readers who have joined and logged in to Business Insider Prime have unlimited access to everything has to offer - including our most exclusive reporting.
What do I get with my Business Insider Prime membership?
With Business Insider Prime you get:
- Exclusive stories only available to our Business Insider Prime members
- BI Prime newsletters delivered to your inbox every day Monday through Saturday
- Alerts on your computer or mobile phone each time a new BI Prime article is published
- Unlimited, unrestricted access to articles, videos & photo galleries
Is Business Insider Prime different from BI Intelligence?
BI Prime and BI Intelligence are two separate subscriptions. BI Intelligence is Business Insider's premium research service for business professionals who want to gain expansive insight for their companies and careers. The service consists of newsletters, in-depth research reports, and an online research center. The research team specializes in key areas of business disruption such as payments, fintech, e-commerce, apps & platforms, digital media, and the Internet of things.
Why can’t I use an ad blocker on Business Insider?
Business Insider is an ad-supported site supported by revenue from ads and premium subscriptions. To help support our site and the writers, editors, and producers that help make the content you love, we ask readers to help support the site by turning ad blockers off.
What plans does Business Insider Prime have?
We offer a monthly membership plan that begins with a $1 trial for the first 30 days. In addition, we offer an annual membership and a two year membership.
Will my membership auto-renew?
To ensure uninterrupted access to our content, memberships automatically renew at the end of your term. In the event that renewal pricing changes you will be notified of the change at least 10 days in advance.
If I’m a college student, do I get a special rate to Business Insider Prime?
We offer a $29 rate for currently enrolled college students. To access this promotion, visit our BI Prime landing page and enter your .edu email address.
Does my company have access to BI Prime that I can access with my company email?
You can check if you are eligible for enterprise access to BI Prime by entering your company email address on our landing page. If you are still unsure, contact an administrator at your company or contact us at prime-enterprise@.
How can my company get group access to BI Prime?
If you are interested in an enterprise subscription to BI Prime for your company, please reach out to us via bi-prime@ for information on group offers.
How do I sign up for Business Insider Prime?
You can join Business Insider Prime by going to our subscription page and selecting one of our three membership options.
What should I do if I can’t sign up because the system tells me I already have an account?
Because Business Insider Prime is powered by Tinypass, you may have created a Tinypass account on another website before. If you don't remember your password, click ‘forgot my password’ and proceed to reset your password. After that, attempt to subscribe again.
What should I do if I’m receiving an error message or can’t complete my transaction due to technical issues?
Please email us directly at bi-prime@ for assistance.
I successfully subscribed and received my confirmation email. What should I do now?
Congratulations on becoming a member! We recommend that you keep your confirmation email as it may contain information that may be important to you in the future. Otherwise, head on over to the BI Prime articles page and catch up on the hundreds of archived stories you've missed.
How do I log in to Business Insider Prime?
If you are prompted by a message on our website and told Business Insider Prime membership is required, please click the login link at the bottom of the message. You can also find the login link by hovering over ‘Sign in’ at the top right of the Business Insider Prime page and clicking ‘Log In’.
What should I do if I'm having problems resetting my password?
If you've attempted to reset your password and didn't receive a password reset email, please make sure you are attempting to log into Business Insider Prime and that our emails are not being filtered into your junk or spam folders. If you continue to have problems, please email us directly at bi-prime@ and we will be happy to help you. Please note our hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.
How do I update my payment information on file?
- Visit My Account
- Under the ‘Memberships’ tab, select ‘Manage’ then ‘Update payment method’
- Select ‘Add a new card’ or ‘Add PayPal’
- Enter updated payment information and click ‘Create’
- Select the new payment method and click ‘Update’ to finish changing your information
*BI Prime tip: You can delete extra credit cards using the trash icon to the right of the old card in the ‘Cards’ tab
How do I unsubscribe/cancel my account?
Subscribed online? You may cancel your membership at any time by:
- Visiting My Account
- Logging into your BI Prime account (if necessary)
- Clicking ‘Membership’
- Clicking ‘Manage’ to see pop up window
- Clicking ‘Don't bill me again’
Purchased on an ia彩平台Phone/iPad? Unfortunately, we do not have the power to make changes to iOS App subscriptions. In order to manage your memberships in the app, visit the iTunes App Store and follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store
- Tap your Apple ID > View Apple ID
- Tap Subscriptions > Business Insider
- Use the options to manage your membership. If you cancel, your membership will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.
Subscribed on an Android device? In order to manage your subscriptions in the app, visit the Google Play Store and follow the steps below:
- Launch the Google Play Store app
- Tap Menu -> My Apps -> Subscriptions and tap on the Business Insider app
- Alternatively, tap Menu -> My Apps -> Tap the app of the subscription you'd like to cancel -> Tap the app's details page
If during this process you experience technical issues or have additional questions, please email us at: bi-prime@ . Please note our hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST Monday through Friday.
How can I get more information if my question isn't answered here?
Please email us directly at bi-prime@ and we will be happy to help you. Please note our hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST Monday through Friday.